Freedom Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Gaming's, Half Life 2 Roleplay! Welcome to the combine occupied world of Earth!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Voting on staff promotion's

+3
Sparky
King Hudy
The Ninja Spy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Voting on staff promotion's Empty Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 am

The Ninja Spy

The Ninja Spy

I just now had a thought that the community could be able to vote on the staff if they should get a promotion or demotion. Like how the citizens vote on leaders and things.I just got the thought and it's midnight so maybe you guys should decide. -Ninja

2Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:34 am

King Hudy

King Hudy

#popularitycontests

3Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 pm

Sparky

Sparky
She's only my friend but we sorta had sex on my other friend's couch.

We do already do that. It's called +Supporting. As we do get generally further up the staff ranks, Kemerd takes care of things.

I shall speak to him about this

(But yeah as Hudy said, it could turn into that)

http://www.Brilliant.com

4Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:47 pm

the $oul keeper

the $oul keeper

YUP, and I think I know what we all know that will gets the most votes.... Fluffy or maybe sparky, I'm sorry, but in my opinion it is true, sorry guys.

5Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Sparky

Sparky

the $oul keeper wrote:YUP, and I think I know what we all know that will gets the most votes.... Fluffy or maybe sparky, I'm sorry, but in my opinion it is true, sorry guys.

What is that meant to mean, Soul?

6Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ

Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ
Application Manager

the $oul keeper wrote:YUP, and I think I know what we all know that will gets the most votes.... Fluffy or maybe sparky, I'm sorry, but in my opinion it is true, sorry guys.

Pardon me? But what is that meant to implicate to Sparky and I? Sure we both have a chance to get promoted.

But that's because i'm nice, I have experience, and I can do my job wonderfully; just as much as Sparky, or Cherub, or Kmim, etc.

7Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:43 pm

GLaD To Be Still Alive

GLaD To Be Still Alive

Did THAT just start on this server too?
Voting on staff promotion's POWER+OF+THE+DALEKS7

Last edited by Comrade Lancaster on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

King Hudy

King Hudy

It's inevitable, it will be a popularity contest. Admins can do many things out of the public eye and never be noticed, and other admins would just do the easy work and ban cheaters and spammers, etc.

9Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 pm

the $oul keeper

the $oul keeper

Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ wrote:

Pardon me? But what is that meant to implicate to Sparky and I? Sure we both have a chance to get promoted.

But that's because i'm nice, I have experience, and I can do my job wonderfully; just as much as Sparky, or Cherub, or Kmim, etc.

King Hudy wrote: It's inevitable, it will be a popularity contest. Admins can do many things out of the public eye and never be noticed, and other admins would just do the easy work and ban cheaters and spammers, etc.

Sorry fluffy, but like King Hudy said, it will be those types of voting contest. people will vote those they like and leave behind the facts about that user. Trust me, I'v seen it first hand and things.... changed rather quickly. I'm not saying that both you and sparky are a bad choice, I'm just saying that you both will get the most votes.

"But that's because i'm nice, I have experience, and I can do my job wonderfully; just as much as Sparky, or Cherub, or Kmim, etc."

If I remember, story did a thread about the staff members and their faults. I can't say I remember all the details and will type the whole thing here, but if this does happen to be a vote for who gets to be promoted, I may not vote anyone, Mainly because I don't really trust the staff member.Sorry guys. Like I said, there are some facts people will leave behind when it comes to voting, and it can cause some... unnecessary things. I think we should leave kem to decide, just to be safe.

10Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Cherub

Cherub
Administrator

Why would community members vote on staff promotions? (Besides from member to operator.)
That's a very bad idea, as Hudy said, popularity contests.
Regular members aren't able to see what we as staff actually accomplish behind the curtains, or in our meetings.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rMbuY6JMW9mW82JH9Rqgg

11Voting on staff promotion's Empty Re: Voting on staff promotion's Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Sparky

Sparky

the $oul keeper wrote:
Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ wrote:

King Hudy wrote: It's inevitable, it will be a popularity contest. Admins can do many things out of the public eye and never be noticed, and other admins would just do the easy work and ban cheaters and spammers, etc.

Sorry fluffy, but like King Hudy said, it will be those types of voting contest. people will vote those they like and leave behind the facts about that user. Trust me, I'v seen it first hand and things.... changed rather quickly. I'm not saying that both you and sparky are a bad choice, I'm just saying that you both will get the most votes.

"But that's because i'm nice, I have experience, and I can do my job wonderfully; just as much as Sparky, or Cherub, or Kmim, etc."

If I remember, story did a thread about the staff members and their faults. I can't say I remember all the details and will type the whole thing here, but if this does happen to be a vote for who gets to be promoted, I may not vote anyone, Mainly because I don't really trust the staff member.Sorry guys. Like I said, there are some facts people will leave behind when it comes to voting, and it can cause some... unnecessary things. I think we should leave kem to decide, just to be safe.

I don't mean to be d(i)ck or anything, but you voted on Raspberry staying, knowing all to well what he had done wrong.

This idea in the short term sounds good, when we start getting a playerbase and possible player-player relations/altercations happen we are going to get to the point where a certain amount of the community vote for one "Kid" who would potentially be a really bad Administrator.

Thread Locked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum