Freedom Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Gaming's, Half Life 2 Roleplay! Welcome to the combine occupied world of Earth!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Guide for Rolling and Roll Bonuses

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sparky

Sparky
She's only my friend but we sorta had sex on my other friend's couch.

If you have any feedback on this guide, please feel free to post it below. Please keep any and all feedback related to the topic, if it is not your comment will be deleted

Part 1: How will rolling benefit us:

In our current state of RP, we are going along the basis of P2L (Play to Lose) this means that many players have created characters or based their storyline along something which is highly improbable, highly OP or very hard for some players to accept IC. This causes the staff team problems relating to many different things, including players reporting and telling us that their character has been killed by a "Robocop", "Terminator" or "OP Killing Machine", the problems this causes for us is that we have a certain number of players on the server going around with OP characters which cannot be killed; from my own and many others (I have spoken to people) point of view, this alienates many players to have to stay away from any action they may want to get involved in, this does not go without saying the general gist of action inside of Roleplay is generally recommended to stay away from. When rolling is implemented it gives every single player the ability to mold Roleplay around their very own storyline and playstyle; if a certain player wants to try and resist the ties a MPF unit is placing on them, by trying to squeeze their wrist out of a tie, or even try to fight a "OP Character" they have the chance to win a certain scenario. This does not mean players can run around typing "/me snaps mpf unit's neck" "/roll 100", it means that players have the opportunity to develop their character further and get into a lot more situations they previously had not had the chance to get into.

Now, onto the rest of the guide. I'll try to keep it short.

Part 2: Rolling Guide. When do I use it:

Now some of you may be asking "What is Rolling" or "How do I use rolling". Rolling as I have already stated is a simple way of balancing RP, giving players the opportunity to win different scenarios they may be placed into. Here is a small example of when rolling is best used. Before I go any further, you may also be asking about roll bonuses in this certain scenario alone, everything to do with them will be covered in part 3.

MPF Unit: /me Tries to tie the Citizen infront of him (Resist?)
Citizen: /me Tries to resist the Units ties, by trying to make the Unit leave one of the ties loose. /roll 50
MPF Unit: /me Notices the Citizen is struggling then tries to make sure the ties are placed on him correctly. /roll 40
MPF Unit: /it The Unit would fail in trying to make sure he has correctly placed the ties on the Citizen, leaving one of the wrist segments loose

Any further Roleplay from this point is completely up to that Citizen character to mold around and change to however he wants. Again, this does not go without saying in many situations alike this, roll bonuses may be apparent, scenarios like this may not be able to work to their fullest.

Part 3: Roll bonus guide:

MPF/CCA/UU & OTA Roll Bonuses

(THE STAFF JUDGE WHAT ROLL BONUS YOU GET. NOT YOU)

05: Roll bonus of 0
04: Roll bonus of 1
03: Roll bonus of 5
02: Roll bonus of 10
01: Roll bonus of 15

EpU: Roll bonus of 20
OfC: Roll bonus of 20
DvL: Roll bonus of 30 (This completely depends on what augments and what experience the Unit has)

CmD: Roll bonus of 40
SeC: Roll bonus of 45

(OTA HAVE NO RANKING STRUCTURE, THIS MEANS THAT EVERY UNIT HAS THE EXACT SAME BONUS)

OWS: Roll bonus of 100
EOW: Roll bonus of 200

Citizen Roll Bonuses

(THE STAFF JUDGE WHAT ROLL BONUS YOU GET. NOT YOU)

Citizen roll bonuses depend on whether you are a Rebel and have experience or not.

Normal Rebel: Roll bonus of 5
Experienced Rebel: Roll bonus of 15 (This is decided by staff)
Super Rebel: Roll bonus of ??? (Super Rebels are only labelled by staff, their roll bonus varies by experience)

http://www.Brilliant.com

Gangster_Story

Gangster_Story

I'd also like to add that the bonuses I gave sparky for this guide ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! There is no time saying when they would change, but when new factions,divisions, or characters are put in to play later in the servers lifetime, we need to balance out the system. For right now though, I think its working out well.

Also, if you don't inquire about your roll bonus yet, you won't be able to use it. (Just ask me or sparky for ones who haven't gotten them yet!)

Kookie

Kookie

Two things.

I think there should be roll deductions for certain circumstances. Like, a "super rebel" (I still think this is dumb.) with his legs cut off wouldn't be able to aim. Or a DvL being attacked from behind would give the attacker the edge.

Also, instead of bonuses, I think we should just do /roll (100+The person's RB.)

For example, a normal rebel would do /roll 105. A OWS would do /roll 200.

I feel these two changes should be put into place.

Cherub

Cherub
Administrator

This is sexy and I like it

Kookie wrote:Two things.

I think there should be roll deductions for certain circumstances. Like, a "super rebel" (I still think this is dumb.) with his legs cut off wouldn't be able to aim. Or a DvL being attacked from behind would give the attacker the edge.

Also, instead of bonuses, I think we should just do /roll (100+The person's RB.)

For example, a normal rebel would do /roll 105. A OWS would do /roll 200.

I feel these two changes should be put into place.

This, not so much, however. Just do the math, Kooks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rMbuY6JMW9mW82JH9Rqgg

Kookie

Kookie

What about the part with circumstances?

is hawt?

Kemerd

Kemerd
Owner

People could cheat if we did that.

http://www.freedomroleplay.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]