Freedom Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Gaming's, Half Life 2 Roleplay! Welcome to the combine occupied world of Earth!

You are not connected. Please login or register

MPF changes...

+4
GLaD To Be Still Alive
Sparky
The_Chief113
Kookie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MPF changes... Empty MPF changes... Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Kookie

Kookie

First of all, I'm not saying "this is my idea make it so". I'm simply proposing it, and if it's liked by the community, maybe it will be put into place. Please keep in mind that it is possible for a piece of this to be implemented and others to not be. I feel this is more lore-friendly and more enjoyable to units.

RANKING/SQUADS:

In this new system, there'd be no 0# ranks. It'd be RCT>i5-i1>EpU>High Command.

Intentions: A unit will start as a RCT. He or she will be trained ASAP and given basic gear. After this, they will be made into an i5 and be assigned a squad. The 'i' in i5 stands for intention. The higher the intention, the more important jobs that unit will be given. For example, an i5 would probably be given a boring job, such as ration duty, while an i2 or i1 would be given something more important, like a raid on a known Anti-Citizen camp. Intentions are given by being recognized by High Command or fulfilling requirements (Training, patrols, etc). Having a higher intention gives you NO military command over another unit. For example, an i1 cannot say to an i5 "Go get me some food, unit.". Although realistic orders are expected to be followed, no military respect (saluting, etc.) must be given to a higher intention unit. Just like in a real police force.

SQUADS:

There are no "divisions". There are only squads with names. A unit's name might be MPF-C17.JURY.i4.846. Squads don't have any speciality; they are literally only a method of organization. Although a unit may receive specialization training in fields such as medicine or engineering. A squad has minimum requirements; It must have an EpU, which acts as a squad leader. He takes charge in times of danger. And it must have at least five units. Squads generally don't spend much time as a group, although your patrol partner is usually from your squad. A squad must also have at least one trained medic, and one trained engineer. Engineers and medics get an extra insignia on their armbands, and their unit names are as follows; Medic- MPF-C17.SQUAD.M.###. Engineer-MPF-C17.SQUAD.E.###

DISPATCH:

Dispatch is an AI that gives units orders via radio. Dispatch's orders are expected to be followed at all times. A sample order may be as follows, "Unit, JURY.345, move to ration distribution for overwatch.". Or, "JURY squad, move to 20th apartments for standard search.".

HIGH COMMAND:

High Command never exits the Nexus. They give additional orders to units, and generally manage the city. Some High Command units are the Sectorial Commander (SeC), the district commander (CmD), and officers (OfC). These units handle things such as dispatching special units (Striders, hunter choppers, etc.), organization, paper work, and anything that needs to be done behind the scenes to keep the MPF functioning. Again, these units are never seen outside the Nexus, and are often seen out of uniform inside the Nexus, as their uniforms aren't needed.

ELITE PROTECTION UNITS:

EpUs are assigned to squads. These units are generally the squad leaders, and keep their squads in order. Their orders are expected to be followed. Although, along with any other non-high commanding unit, saluting to these units and similar actions aren't necessary. An EpU shouldn't be a rough military commander; they should be informal with their units. An EpU's name would look as follows, MPF-C17.JURY.EpU.457. EpUs can be specialized medics and engineers, although they do not officially count as one. This is to ensure that the EpU is solely occupied with leading their units in times of distress, and not busy with other things such as helping wounded units or fixing a broken piece of equipment.

(This is an idea I got from a different server, and it worked very well. Of course, this can be tweaked, changed. etc. Please leave your feedback and constructive criticism in the comments.)

2MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 pm

The_Chief113

The_Chief113

I don't know I'v never seen this on a server to really say if it would be good or not, but this system seems to be more fit for a larger server, as we are relatively new and only have a somewhat constant population, I don't think this would work out. Though more then likely as the server grows more changes will need to be made, but not necessarily the MPF units. Lambda 

3MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Sparky

Sparky
She's only my friend but we sorta had sex on my other friend's couch.

The MPF is fine as is, people like it.

http://www.Brilliant.com

4MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:47 pm

GLaD To Be Still Alive

GLaD To Be Still Alive

Sparky wrote:The MPF is fine as is, people like it.
Indeed, mate. Have some digestive biscuits.

5MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:19 pm

Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ

Queen Fluffy (っ◕ヮ◕)っ
Application Manager

Comrade Lancaster wrote:
Sparky wrote:The MPF is fine as is, people like it.
Indeed, mate. Have some digestive biscuits.

MPF changes... Mcviti12

Yum.

6MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Cherub

Cherub
Administrator

No changes pls
Don't touch my units
-coddles units-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6rMbuY6JMW9mW82JH9Rqgg

7MPF changes... Empty Re: MPF changes... Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:52 am

Gangster_Story